Laser Modeling’s Rapid Prototyping Process:
- Provide us with an STL or Step file and we will begin processing your prototype for production
- Our in-house experts will evaluate your file and make recommendations for how to best produce your prototype
- We print using today’s most advanced 3D printing technology
- Once your prototype has been printed, we will handle post process finishing, like adding texture or roughness, removing support members, sandblasting, and painting
- Laser Modeling 3 will assemble your order before it is shipped out.
What benefits can you expect from LM3’s rapid prototypes?
- Our durable plastic parts are tough enough for functional testing and snap-fit applications
- Reduction in the length of time from the product design to production
- Reduction or elimination of costly soft tooling, allowing for design changes to be implemented on the fly
- Identify costly tooling flaws before a substantial investment is made
- Allows you to test product colors, surfaces and textures, like grip patterns or reflective surfaces
- The development process is fast (most 3D models can be produced within 7/10 days)
- With a wide variety of robust, thermally stable material options Laser Modeling 3 can generate models that are tough enough to be used as working parts.
- Master patterns and molds can be fabricated as short term or disposable tools in low-volume production.
- SIZE- 6.75 X 9 X 8in
- RESOLU TION- (XY) 1024 X 768 DPI
- LAYER THICKNESS - .004
- MIN FEATURE SIZE - .010
- FILE TYPE SUPPORTED – STL, CTL
CAPABILITIES WITHIN OUR ORG.
- SIZE- 11.75 X 7.3 X 8 in
- RESOLUTION- 375 X 375 X 790 DPI
- LAYER THICKNESS- .001/. 002 per inch of part
FILE SUPPORTED- STL.SLC
Other Capabilities at LM3
At LM3 we have the ability to fabricate models of prototype designs by utilizing additional In-House tools.
- Universal 18" X 36" 60 watt laser. Excellent for cutting parts in wood and plastic materials
- Painting and Surface Finishing
- Airbrushing, Plating, and Surface Blasting capabilities